Samsung Odin ROM Flashing Tutorial
How To Flash Samsung Android Device With Odin Download Tool
Samsung Odin is one of the best root tool available right now to flash ROM on Samsung devices. If you are looking for ways to flash stock ROM using Odin, then you have landed on the correct page. Here at Odin Download blog, we are going to show how to install stock ROM on Android devices easily using Odin root software. If you don’t know how to use Odin to flash firmware, then this post will guide you through. Odin is really helpful software that can help you to flash stock firmware, custom firmware, kernels, recovery files or any root packages to Samsung phones and tablets. You’ll need to use Odin latest version to make everything work properly.
If you are using a Samsung device and it is shutting off unexpectedly, crashing apps, or acting buggy, then these problems can be fixed by Samsung firmware update. This post shows how to use Odin to update Samsung firmware version. Updating firmware will make your device run smoothly and more efficiently. Using Samsung Odin root software will help in getting new features, security patches, updated hardware functionality and more.
Do note that installing Samsung firmware using Odin software is not an official way to do so, but it is safe enough to be used. This method is used when you are using a custom ROM and you want to unroot or re-install an official firmware. Odin Download can be done here, and it can be used to install another country’s firmware on any Samsung device. Be careful about the firmware you are using for your device, and we’ll not be responsible for any damage that might incur. So before you begin, make sure you have followed below mentioned steps:
- Make sure to backup all the important data.
- A computer with Windows running Operating System.
- USB cable to connect android device and the PC.
- Install latest Samsung USB Drivers.
- Enable USB Debugging.
What Is Odin Root Software?
Odin is basically a root tool developed specially for Samsung devices. You can easily root or flash custom ROM using Odin software. If you want more information on Odin (firmware flashing software), then you can read about it on Wikipedia. It is also used as a way of unbricking an Android device. Odin Download can be done from this blog, however it is not officially released by Samsung, but it was a result of an unintentional leak.
Odin must be used very carefully, if not, then it can “brick your phone” or you can say turn it into an expensive paperweight. Though if you have done anything wrong with the installation, then Odin lets you reverse your mistake.
Requirements For Odin Root
- Samsung Galaxy device.
- Samsung stock firmware can be downloaded from Samobile firmware directory.
- Download Odin.
- Download and install Samsung USB drivers.
- Go to Settings > Developers options and enable USB Debugging.
- Backup your existing data stored on the device.
How To Use Odin To Flash Custom ROM In Samsung (Android Devices)
Once you have downloaded latest version of Samsung USB drivers and firmware update for you device, you can proceed with the tutorial on how to use Odin. Once you are done with “Odin download“, extract its contents in a folder or desktop (as you like). We’re using Odin 3.10.7 in this tutorial, but you can use Odin 3 latest version.
- Download latest version Odin via our dedicated Odin Download page.
- Now extract/unzip the contents of the Odin file and firmware files.
- Run Odin software as Administrator.
- Now boot your device into Download Mode. If you don’t know how to do that, check below image.
- Now run Odin root tool and ensure that the below two check boxes are selected.
- Once you have put your device into download mode and connected it to PC, Samsung Odin will recognize it automatically.
- You can verify it by viewing ID:COM section to know on which USB port you have plugged the device cable.
- It depends on the Odin version you are using but the md5 file will go in “PDA” or “AP” section.
- Once added, click on Start button to star the flashing process and DO NOT USE OR REMOVE YOUR DEVICE UNTIL THIS PROCESS IS FINISHED OR FAILED ON ODIN.
- If you have followed everything correctly, then you’ll get a message “RESET” or “PASSED” (depends on Odin version). Now you can unplug your device and reboot it.
How To Use Odin [Odin Video Tutorial]
How To Use Odin To Root: Troubleshooting
If you are facing issues related to Odin, then follow steps mentioned below:
- Close Odin.
- Remove USB cable from PC, and disconnect your mobile from PC.
- Now force restart your Samsung mobile normally by removing the battery; wait a few seconds and then reinsert the battery.
- You’ll also need to re-install drivers on your PC.
- Once done, just follow the steps mentioned above to know how to use Odin to root/flash.
If Odin root is not creating any problems, then problem might be with your device. Let’s fix it too. If you are noticing a boot loop issue on your device, you’ll have to reboot it into download mode. Don’t know about it? Read guide showing how to boot into recovery mode.
- Once you are into recovery mode, you will need to wipe device system using the menu.
- Select “wipe data factory reset” and “wipe cache partition”.
- Return to recovery menu – select “+++go back+++”.
- Now reboot your device by choosing “reboot system now”.
This how to use Odin to root guide is for those who are using it for the first time and doesn’t know how to install custom ROM or flash Samsung device. Though flash custom ROM with Odin is easy and can be done by following steps mentioned above. Do follow all steps carefully if you don’t want any problems while using Odin. It will be a good idea if you can print these steps and follow them while using your device. Moreover you can also download Odin user manual PDF for better information. If you have any questions related to how to use Odin software, then let us know about them via comments below.